Would you like to improve the performance of the single use flowmeter by reaching higher accuracy? Equflow's K-factor re-calculating Barcode Scanner could be the solution.
Situation without the Barcode Scanner
All exchangeble flow tubes are provided with a pre-calibrated K-factor. The K-factor is is determined by the amount of pulses per liter, based on water. After exchanging a flow tube, the K-factor needs to be re-programmed each time. The re-programming is currently done by manual input or by using flow tubes with a K-factor in a certain bandwidth.
Cause of Inaccuracy
Inaccuracy in the process could occur by various conditions:
- when other liquids than water are used;
- when process conditions like viscosity, temperature, and pressure differ;
- when using the wrong K-factor input;
- or by pulsating flows.
All these process conditions result in a K-factor devitation and thus measurement error.
Using the Barcode Scanner
When using the Barcode Scanner, the re-programming of the K-factor can be done more efficiently and accurately. Therefore, the possibility of measurement error wil significantly decrease. The Barcode Scanner is very easy to use:
- Exchange flowtube
- Scan 2D barcode
- Continue process with high accurate flow measurement
Advantages of the Barcode Scanner
It can be concluded that the use of the Barcode Scanner will significantly improve your process, because:
- Always the same K-factor output
- Full scale compensated linear output signal
- Fixed deviation factor implemented in 2D barcode
- Always high accurate flow measurement
- Avoids wrong manual K-factor input
- In some cases, more cost effective exchangeable flowtubes
Would you like to find out more about our Barcode Scanner? Visit our product page for more specifications or watch the video below: